The Deadly Danger of Generator Fumes: How Two Students Lost Their Lives in Kogi

A tragic incident occurred in Lokoja, Kogi State, where two students of the Kogi State Polytechnic died from inhaling the fumes of a power-generating set.

The generator was placed near the window of their room, where they slept overnight. The smoke filled the room and suffocated them to death.

The State Police Public Relations Officer, SP William Ovye Aya, confirmed the incident to the media. He identified the deceased as Bilikisu Eleojo, 20, and Ibrahim Haliru.

He said that they were among the three students who shared the room. The third student, Mercy Ojochegbe, survived the ordeal and was rushed to the hospital.

Aya said that the incident was reported at the ‘B’ Division of the Nigeria Police Force Lokoja and investigation is ongoing. He also warned the residents of the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning from generator fumes.

He advised them to be careful and vigilant about the placement and usage of generators in their homes. He said that carbon monoxide is a silent killer that can cause irreversible damage to the health and life of anyone who inhales it.

Related Articles

Back to top button